I am happy to be joining Maria Selke from Maria’s Melange and Carrie Gelson from There’s A Book For That for the #MustReadin2014 challenge! Seeing as that I will be reading one book a month already for my book club, I have decided to be realistic in the number of books that I will be setting out to read – topping my list at 20. I have tried to include a variety of adult, children, YA and professional books.
So here it is – My TBR list for 2014:
Grown up Books
1. The Goldfinch – Donna Tartt. Because my boys bought me this for Christmas.
2. The Orenda – Joseph Boyden. Because my sister recommended it and I loved Three Day Road.
3. The Harem Midwife – Roberta Rich. Because Roberta Rich came to my book club after we read her first book, The Midwife of Venice. I was a little star struck. I sat next to her and kept touching her arm. She was delightful and asked us a lot of questions about her then beginning stages of her next book.
Younger Peoples’ Books:
4. Fangirl – Rainbow Rowell. Because of all the discussions and reviews about this book on many blogs. Also, I loved Eleanor and Park.
5. The Center of Everything – Linda Urban. Because Carrie Gelson loved this book!
6. Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy – Karen Foxlee. Because there have been lots of blog posts about this book recently and I love the cover.
7. The Thing About Luck – Cynthia Kaddhata. Because I’m interested in the Japanese connection.
8. The Truth of Me – Patricia MacLachlan Because I love her.
10. Fracture – Megan Miranda Because I got an ARC of this book a year ago but still haven’t read it!
11. Small Medium at Large – Joanne Levy Because I love Long Island Medium!
12. The Zebra Forest – Adina Rishe Gewirtz. Because I need to balance my fantasy reads with some realistic fiction. Intriguing title.
13. A Tangle of Knots – Lisa Graff. Because I live with 3 boys and need a girly book once in a while!
14. Half a Chance – Cynthia Lord. Because I loved Rules.
15. Graceling – Kristi Cashore. Because it sounds amazing!
16. The Shadow Throne – Jennifer Nielsen. Because I HAVE to find out what happens to Sage!
17. Allegient – Veronica Roth. Because I HAVE to find out what happens to Tris and Four!
18. Stiches – Anne Lamott Because Bird by Bird is the most inspiring book about writing I have ever read and I laughed and cried through Operating Instructions after each of my boys were born.
19. Reading in the Wild – Donalyn Miller Because I read another amazing Nerdy Book Club review of this book and it’s been on my TBR list ever since!
Finding the Heart of Nonfiction – Georgia Heard. Because I adore anything and everything she writes.
So there’s my list! What’s on your TBR list this year? Check out other #Mustreadin2014 lists here